The 1 Awards
The 1 Awards Returns On July 25, 2017
All too often the fans and players don't have a say in postseason honors, but that changes with the 1 Awards.
Springfield Sports Commission and KY3, Inc. present the 4th Annual 1 Awards sponsored by Elliott Lodging on July 25, 2017 at Ramada Oasis Convention Center in Springfield. The event will honor area scholastic athletics from the previous year by recognizing the best athlete, teams and specialty awards (or the "1") in various categories.
What power does this collaboration have? In 2016, the 1 Awards generated almost 30,000 votes over the six-week voting period. For information on the 2016 1 Awards, visit: www.ozarkssportszone.com.
A unique feature of the 1 Awards is that fans, athlete and communities have a say in choosing the "1" through the voting process:
- Four nominees are chosen in each category based on a combination of honors, statistics, team success, individual performance and citizenship. Nominees will be selected following each of the fall, winter and spring seasons, and will be contacted of their selection throughout the year – all nominees will be made public in early June.
- Fans may vote for their choice at www.ozarkssportszone.com. Voting is from June 6 – July 18. Fans will be allowed to vote one time per day. A bio of each athlete/team or category will be provided. A new voting method was instituted last year that helped determine the winner in the fairest way possible. The previous poll only allowed a vote for the winner. This system asks voters to rank the athletes from 1 to 4. Winners will be announced at the event on the night of July 25, 2017, at the Ramada Plaza Hotel and Oasis Convention Center in Springfield, MO. A social hour (with food) begins at 6:00 p.m.; ceremony begins at 7:00 p.m.
In 2014, the 1 Awards introduced a new award, the Inspiration Award, where one individual was recognized for their tremendous inspiration to others in the sports community. For more information on last year's Inspiration Award winner, visit: www.ozarkssportszone.com.
"We're thrilled to team with the Springfield Sports Commission on this event," said KY3 Inc. Executive Sports Producer Mike Scott. "It's exciting to not only honor these deserving athletes in all sports, but to allow the fans to have 100% say in who is the winner."
Sponsorship opportunities are currently available by contacting email@example.com, or by calling 417-881-5300 or 800-678-8767. Individual tickets will be available for purchase at www.the1Awards.com in May 2017.
"We are excited to have an interactive, local component to our organization's activities," mentioned Lance Kettering, Executive Director of the Springfield Sports Commission. "Sports Commissions across the country have local programming that contributes to their mission: Creating economic impact through sports travel and tourism. It is an honor to work with KY3 on this event and we look forward to meeting more sports fans in our region!"
Springfield Sports Commission is a nonprofit organization dedicated to boosting the local economy by promoting sports travel and tourism to Springfield. To learn more about Springfield Sports Commission or sports in Springfield, call 417-881-5300 or 800-678-8767 or visit springfieldmosports.org.
KY3, Inc. has delivered news, weather, sports and entertainment in southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas for over 56 years. Their building is home to five stations – KYTV, KSPR, The Ozarks CW, KY3 24/7, and Branson Visitor TV.
Frequently Asked Questions And Answers
For answers to frequently asked questions please download our 2017 FAQ here.
Rules And Regulations
- All athletes must come from high schools in the designated market area of KY3, Inc.
- Voting will only take place from June 6-July 18. Votes will not be accepted outside of this time frame or through any other medium than the proper online polling.
- Fans will be allowed to vote one time per day.
- The online results of the contest are 100% decided on fan voting.
- 1 Awards committee has the authority to remove an athlete from the contest in cases such as school official's request, criminal activity, etc.
- Springfield Sports Commission, KY3, Inc. and all associated parties are not liable for internet/voting issues.
- Results and decisions by 1 Awards selection committee are final.