Now Hiring - Assistant Director
The Springfield Sports Commission has an opening for the Assistant Director.
Responsible for enhancing the visibility of the Springfield Sports Commission a 501©6 non-profit organization by selling and retaining membership in the organization. The Assistant Director also assists the Director with sports event development.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Actively solicits and sells new memberships and implements plans to retain existing members for the Sports Commission.
- Works with Sports Commission Director in the implementation of a signature event (1 Awards) for the Sports Commission. This includes, but is not limited to event sponsorship sales, activation and fulfillment of sponsorship obligations and event coordination.
- Leads efforts to create and implement a Corporate Challenge, which will raise awareness of the Sports Commission, Sports and venues in Springfield, while raising additional revenue for the Sports Commission.
- Leads the membership sales committee, consisting of members of the Springfield Sports Commission Board of Directors.
- Responsible for all membership relations, including membership level fulfillment and service of all current and new accounts.
- Works with the Sports Commission Director to research new sporting events by prospecting groups.
- Works with the Sports Commission Director to assist other organizations and individuals in attracting amateur sporting events to the city by providing bid fees, assisting with bid presentations, developing bid proposals, securing facilities, etc.
- Assist in the development of the Sports Commission website by providing the CVB’s interactive media manager with event and member information as well as the implementation and enhancement of website content presentation.
- Assists with marketing and social media plans as directed and applicable.
- Assist in compiling the Sports Commission newsletter, distributed 6 times per year by providing the CVB public relations manager with story ideas and assisting in the proofing of the newsletter.
- Attends the monthly Sports Commission board meeting and assists in the preparation of reports, etc. to present to the board. Will be responsible for providing a membership status update at monthly board meetings.
- Represents the Sports Commission at trade shows or other related events in an effort to attract sporting events to the city.
- Performs all duties that will encourage the growth of the Sports Commission and awareness of the Sports Commission mission.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an aptitude for sales and marketing, specifically in the area of membership sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary & Benefits:
Position has a base salary with commission opportunities. Salary is commensurate upon experience and education. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Benefits include: Health and Dental Insurance, 401 K plan, paid vacation and sick leave.
To apply please email letter of application, resume and three (3) references to Lance Kettering, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org . Review of applicants will begin immediately.